Sun Cities CareGivers offers a variety of care giving services that meets the needs of mature adults. Through a nurse assessment visit at no charge, a care plan is completed that addresses the services Sun Cities CareGivers will complete at each visit to the clients home. The skill level of the care giver and the hourly fee will be determined by the assessment.
Companion Care – Companions perform household related duties. They will assist with meal preparation, grocery shopping, laundry, change of bed linens, light housekeeping such as wiping up around the kitchen and bath, communications in writing or telephoning, and provide transportation to appointments in the community.
Personal Care – Personal Care Attendants assist with hands on duties such as bathing, grooming/dressing, hair care, oral care, shaving, medication reminders, ambulation, minor incontinence concerns, and companion duties.
Certified Nurse Aides – Certified Nurse Aides perform all the duties listed in personal care and companion plus they follow a medically supervised plan of care established by a doctor, RN, and/or a rehabilitative professional. Additional responsibilities will include compliance with doctor prescribed exercises and ambulation, incontinence regimen, toileting, minor first aid and non-sterile dressing changes and assistance with self-administered medications.
Live In Care – Live In Care is provided by experienced caregivers to the level of the care needed in the home. The caregivers, usually a team of two to three people who share the 7 day ongoing responsibility, stay in the home on a 24 hour basis. The caregiver must be able to have 5 uninterrupted hours of sleep in a private room and 6 hours of personal time for meals and relaxation. Meals must be provided by the client. The caregiver stays in the home and is available for safety and emergency needs. Daily household needs are provided by the caregivers.
- All clients are assessed by a registered nurse, free of charge.
- The registered nurse supervises both the client and the client’s caregivers.
- The registered nurse communicates with the family member or the responsible party and physicians about client’s welfare.
- Sun Cities CareGivers works hand in hand with hospice agencies when clients are on hospice services.
- When long term care insurance will cover services, Sun Cities CareGivers will bill to the insurance company.
- Medicare does not pay for any home care services.
- Payment for services is due on receipt of bi-weekly billing. MasterCard, Visa and American Express are accepted.
- All caregivers are employees and paid by Sun Cities CareGivers and are bonded, insured, background checked (both references and criminal checks), social security verified, licenses and certifications verified and have CPR/first aid training. Sun Cities CareGivers maintains workers compensation and liability insurance.
- There is a caregiver minimum of 4 hours of service. Transportation service has a minimum of 2 hours plus mileage charge.